OBJECTIVE 1: DEFINITION OF ADAPTIVE ENVELOPE SOLUTIONS FOR ENERGY HARVESTING AT BUILDING LEVEL
Developing active adaptive envelope solutions to maximize exploitation of solar energy. Adaptability is meant as the ability of the proposed envelope technology solutions to different context, as defined in terms of weather conditions, urban, regulations and building features and functions. Another interpretation of adaptability is the capacity of matching loads profile by local renewable energy production as well as the capacity of the de developed adaptive skin to interact with the external environment positively influencing the building energy performance and the indoor comfort
OBJECTIVE 2: INTEGRATION OF THE ENERGY HARVESTING SOLUTIONS INTO THE BUILDING AND DISTRICT ENERGY CONCEPT
Developing load match aggregation strategies, energy harvesting management systems, control algorithms and optimization tools to maximize the potential for integration and optimisation of renewable energy sources and to connect buildings with various entities like suppliers and distribution system operators through different networks (internet, smart meter linked to the grid, energy storage systems).
OBJECTIVE 3: GEOCLUSTERISATION OF SOLUTIONS AND REPLICATION POTENTIAL
Developing tools and strategies to ensure applicability and optimal use of solutions in different geographical areas (according to the defined EU geoclusters), tailoring the general solutions for each technology result, and evaluating both technical and economic viability.
- Reduced cost of manufacturing, installation and operation of energy harvesting technologies at building and district scale
- Demonstrated replicability that will result in the acceleration of the integration of RES into EU diversified residential buildings and districts
- Cost-effective solutions supported by advanced economic and business models for investors
- Maximisation of RES generation, demand coverage and optimal integration of RES with the energy grids
- Market penetration of effective, modular, robust and easy to integrate energy harvesting Solutions
- Revitalization of the EU construction / energy harvesting sectors and reduction of GHG Emissions
- Improved IEQ with optimal control and natural sources exploitation